Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weekend Trip to Texas Part II

Part II: Visit with Poppa D & Gramma


Friday October 9th



Friday morning in Azle, Texas we woke up to a very chilly day ahead of us. The high was 51 degrees that day. So being the very prepared Mom that I am, I packed only long sleeved clothes after watching and checking the weather channel for the weekend forecast but I still didnt have warm enough clothes for my darling daughter. The weather channel was WRONG!!! They said it was going to be highs in the mid 70's. They were Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!! So on that note I needed to make a very urgent trip to Wal-mart to buy warm clothes, a hat, and gloves. So on an outing we went while waiting for Poppa D to be able to leave the rig to meet us for lunch. After our brief visit to the cleanest Wal-Mart I have ever seen, we meet Poppa D at a Mexican food restaurante. I love Mexican food and in Alabama it just isnt the same as Tex-Mex. I was in heaven!! Brady was now warm as a bug in a rug and happy as can be while we ate. After lunch we said good bye to Gramma (who was freezing) and Poppa D and we were on our way to Denton to stay with Sheila and Kris.



Part IIb: Dinner Visit with Old Friends

Still Friday October 9th


After successfully getting into Sheila and Kris's house without setting the alarm off, we rested and got settled in or rather moving in however you want to describe it. Kris and Sheila were still at work so we took over the house and rested. It had only been 1 day on vacation and I was already exhausted. So much harder to get places now that we are a family of three. That night we got brave and ventured out into the trafffic of Denton to meet some of my old college buddies and one of BJ's high school friends. I know what you are thinking . . .how much traffic could Denton have? But since I graduated from TWU, Denton has grown to be one with the DFW metroplex. After fending off the mad house traffic of I35 West we made it to On The Border (yes another tex-mex restaurante). It was so nice to meet up with friends. Remembering all the great times. BJ was thrilled to get to see Rebekah (picture above). Three hours of fun and food we went back to sheila's house and we were in bed around 12:30pm. Day 2 of vacation complete and already I am exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment