Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trip to Texas Part III


Part III: TWU Softball Alumni Throw Down


Saturday October 10th


Denton, Texas



This is the 1oth time that I have started this blog. I dont know where to start. Texas Woman's University, Coach Diane Baker, softball, and all my friends there were such a highlight in my life. My time in Denton is what made me the woman, wife, mom, friend, and coach that I am today. I learned everything from what career I wanted to go into to learning how to manage my life.


After 7 years of being out of Denton I have been living my life to the fullest in College Station and Tuscaloosa, I was given the opportunity to go back to TWU for my first softball Alumni weekend. I was so excited and pumped about seeing all my dear friends and teammates. These woman were such an important part of my life for 4 years. They were with me during alot of transition and growth. I couldnt wait for BJ and Brady to meet them.


Saturday morning at 9:45am BJ, Brady and I arrived at Pioneer Field. It looked great! It was a cold and dreary day but all the alumni were running around the field trying to remember how to move their bodies in an athletic way. As we walked up I kept hearing . . .Junior! Junior!. I had not been called that since my playing days. It was great to see everyone out on our field that we spent so many hours a week practicing and working on. I did not play with the rest of my old teammates but BJ, Brady and I sat and cheered them on with my friend Nickie and her son Aiden.


The game was an interesting one. 5 innings fast pitch and 5 innings of slow pitch. There were so many alumni there that we made rules up as we went. There were rovers for each position on the field so that no one had to run too much. There were pinch runners from home plate, ITB runners on all bases to start every inning and no batting order. After playing and cheating for 5 inning the Alumni still lost. It was sad! The slow pitch game was not any better.


I wish the weather had participated because we had a lunch picnic after the game and it was so cold and wet that many people didnt stay around to chat. I did however get to see alot of great old friends.






After a long day of friends and bonding BJ, Brady and I headed back to Sheila and Kris's house to play dress up with Brady. Sheila and Kris made some really cute onsies for Brady and we had to model and have a photo shoot.


I love Shella!




I love Auntie Ringer!




T-Dub Softball


We had so much fun in Denton with friends and it was hard to say good bye. It was such a short visit but we had to be going on to our next stop. Irving, Texas here we come for part IV of our trip to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment