Thursday, October 8, 2009

Texas here we come . . .

Preparation is Key:
BJ, Brady and I will be leaving after lunch today for Denton, Tx for my TWU softball alumni weekend. Preparing for such a trip with a two month old baby has made me a little crazy. Yesturday Wednesday October 7 after I worked from 5 til 8:30am I came home to a very messy and dirty house. Since Brady has been born I have been picking up and spot cleaning but I had not CLEANED!!! I mean to clean where after you are done your arms and back are sore from scrubbing every surface. Everytime that I has tried in the past Brady would start crying but yesturday I left her at school so that I could CLEAN. I cleaned every room top to bottom and now I feel so much more relaxed and ready to leave my house. I always love coming home to a clean house. After a vacation that is the last thing that I ever want to do.
Packing for the trip has not even happened yet. I have been procrastinating because I dont even know where to start. BJ is packed and ready for the trip and I have yet to even pull out a suitcase for me or Brady. I have made a list of things that are coming with us so that I dont forget them but that is are far as I have gotten. I dont know what to pack for myself because all I have been wearing is windsuits and my maternity clothes. I want to look great but my clothes right now are nothing to celebrate. I dont have the money or time to go buy clothes and I am not back to my pre-pregnancy body yet so I am stuck. Yuck!!
Here after I get some more sleep I have to pack the car and lunches/snacks for the trip. I have a full day before BJ gets back from work. Another adventure for the Diltz family and we have not even left the house yet.
Even though there is lots to get ready to go I am really excited about the trip. We are driving to see BJ's family first on Billy's rig. We will stay there thursday night, spend Friday with Gramma and Poppa D then head to Denton to eat dinner with friends and old teammates then stay the night at Sheila and Kris's house. All day Saturday will be Alumni activities. Saturday night we are driving to Irving to meet Honey, Aunt Bonnie, Bethany, and Dakota at Baron and Lacey's apartment. Spend some time with them and then leave back for Tuscaloosa. It is going to be a whirl wind trip but we are excited to have our first trip back to the great state of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment